The light of the world

Today, I heard Dallas Willard define us Christians in God's world:

"I am an unceasing spiritual being with an eternal destination in God's great universe."

He suggested we write on our mirrors in soap:  I am the light of the world If we're not the light in the unique spot God has placed us, there will be no light.  

___________________________________

God created us, to have a relationship with Him. And He knew us before we were formed in the womb.  In Jeremiah 1:5 he told Jeremiah:  

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

___________________________________

At times, when I'm feeling hesitant, this verse is so encouraging and empowering: John 4:35:

 "Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation Statement

God's Intended Life for Me