Confession
1 John 5:6-9
6 If we say that we have fellowship with
Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not
practice the truth. 7 But if we
walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 But, if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Confession is between God and man regarding sin, but works like a journal entry, relieving the need to discuss it with another believer. God let’s us see our sin for what it is before we "share" it on others, adding to their burden. Sharing sin fans it’s flames.
When I was the single mom of two little boys and we confessed our sins at the start of prayer at our evening meal. An older, more mature, childless believer convinced me this wasn’t right. I so wish I hadn’t listened and followed what I believed correct for myself and my sons. What a great tool it would have been to discuss how our days had gone, how we asked God for help and seen results. How this would have increased my faith. It may not have been fully wise but God shows us where we can tweak out Christian beliefs to align with His wishes. Live your Christian life wholeheartedly and trust God to guide you. He is our example of tolerance and love.
Don’t forget to confess your sins which break fellowship with God. God is listening and draws us back under His wing. I picture Him bending down and kissing me on the top of my head, whispering “My child.”

Comments
Post a Comment