Hate and Fear vs. Love
Hate and Fear vs. Love
Is hate generated by fear of someone or something that has the power to physically or emotionally harm us and is stronger of might or will and able to overpower us? It seems to me that in both cases, because Born Again Christians have God living on the inside of them, if they do not feed fear and hate with power through attention, giving that power to God, instead, God’s love will win/rule. This attention needs to be constant; fear/hate is constantly trying to take over. Even if the source of the fear overtakes our bodies, God’s love can still rule our hearts and minds. It is the same in the case of a deep-seated dislike for another person. We need to stop nourishing the dislike and hate by constantly reviewing what we consider to be our righteous position, instead keeping our eyes and minds on God. I know, if I discover a frailty in the person I feel is my enemy, it can be enough to overpower the hate. A genuine concern for the other person takes over and I am watching, waiting, looking to see if I can help. After all, we are all moving ahead in our journey–all too soon, that will be us. Do treat this person with the same concern and compassion we will appreciate from others when it’s our turn. God’s love can sustain us, but the help of others lightens the load and adds a glow to God’s love. My takeaway: When confronted with my problem neighbor, quelch memories of past wrongs and begin a new future where hate dies on the vine for lack of fuel and love wins out. From experience, I have learned that even stressful interactions form a bond. When the circumstances change, the bond remains, potentially changing from negative to positive. Remember, life is a series of balances, having equal potential for good or bad.
If our many watching neighbors were to witness this change, powered by God, that would glorify Him.
Comments
Post a Comment