Thank You, Father

Shortly after I moved to my current home, about three years ago, a certain woman, after a brief encounter, insisted on being my best friend.  I repeatedly asked her to stop. I talked to the resident counselor about it, I talked to the office and yet she continued.  I didn't want it to go in our files, so I never make a formal complaint, as the counselor had advised.  I have congestive heart failure and the stress was actually harmful.  About two weeks ago, she just stopped--for no apparent reason. It has been wonderful and now I actually greet her with a smile.  What a treat.  

As we get off the elevator on our floor there is a sitting area with two chairs and a lamp on a center table.  On most floors, the lamp is on 24 hours a day and the tables have flower arrangements.  Especially in the fall and winter this is warm and inviting.  I made it a point to turn our lamp on whenever I went by; and, probably to save money, someone would turn it back off.  I accepted this as a losing battle and got on with my life.  About the same time as the lady above, the person who kept turned the lamp off, started leaving it on.  And someone else added a decoration.  What a difference, what a treat.  

These are two examples of "God lives at the end of our rope."  This is public thanks and praise to God our Father.  I was helpless to achieve either of these but You weren’t.  You can do anything.  Thank You, Father.  

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation Statement

God's Intended Life for Me