Daily 8.22.26
What's our focus? It shows.
Charles Finney: Believers are hungry for truth.
Winking at people is very much a humanistic, not a Godly, behavior.
Actions don't change behavior. Attitudes and beliefs change behaviors.
Dallas Willard says: “The watchword of the worthy servant is not mere obedience but love, from which appropriate obedience naturally flows.”
Judge people by their standard, not ours.!!!!!!!!!! Think: “this is their version of the offensive action...” It's not personal, you just happen to be the catalyst. Free trip through their past.
What people expect from you reflects what they believe you are capable of. It’s actually the truest complement.
How to deal with affronts from others. We hate, are offended by, the action and not the person. For autists, it may be difficult to separate the two visually.
Only God is truly fair. Only God has that ability. Others do the best they can, but we're all influenced by our backgrounds.
DW 8.16.26. Charles Finney, important writer to DW. David knew Goliath would fall because God fought for him in the past, with the bear and lion saving the sheep. Not that God would hand the victory to David, but GOD WAS DOING THE FIGHTING. THE VICTORY WAS ASSURED BECAUSE GOD WAS DOING THE FIGHTING. God DOESN’T assure the victory, HE, HIMSELF DOES THE FIGHTING AND WINS THE VICTORY. In essence, He takes over.
DW- To memorize: Repeat, Concentrate, Understand. John 14 is a good place to start. DW highly recommends Colossians 3: 1-17 as a basic for everyone to know.
Strength comes w/through, sincerity. Yes! Good example: sitting confidently on a sturdy chair.
I had been having a day that makes me slow down and be humble. Sigh. Just now, I came across a lady in the parking lot whom I had seen earlier and had a slight discussion with. Now, I find her in her truck next to me waiting to leave. After she left, I thought to myself, “You know, Father, this would have been the perfect time to ask about her day and see if she would like a Salvation Statement. Sincerely and humble. It was so good to see this and consider how the situation might have gone if I had turned myself over to God and approached the woman in that manner.
Speaking of Salvation Statements, I’ve been driving through the state fair grounds, just a couple of blocks from home, watching preparations for next week’s fair opener. This time a police officer was posted turning people away. Understandable. We talked for a minute and I went back and took the long way home. After a while I drove back and offered him a copy of my Statement to read during his slow time. He was very gracious and said thanks, it would be interesting. Thank You, Father.
Remember who I am. The earthly family I married into and the Heavenly family I was adopted into. Cool.
Comments
Post a Comment