2.18.2022
Many things have gone into my
resuming blogging today. One is that God
keeps on showing me that I should
be sharing what He shows me with others. Often it’s a verse but in today’s
devotion from “A Sip from the Cup of Grace,” Vicki Maas says that when we don’t
share what God has shown us it’s like Peter denying Christ the night before His
crucifixion. How horrible to admit that
at the time of Judgement.
I feel like the things that
undermine my everyday life can’t be of interest to others, but there must be
many of us with the same life problems who could use the things God shows me,
so I’ll include them, too. One here: An everyday problems I have is trying to be
too efficient instead of just getting things done. Aim for one errand at a time unless including
another is so very easy. Trying to do
too many things at a time puts the brakes on follow through. When I plan an errand, don’t wait till it’s
time to leave to get things together. Do
that early and leave it all in a bag by the door. Right now I’m trying to minimalize with the aim
of moving this summer. Housewares to one
secondhand destination and clothes and books to another. I can get together one bag at a time and
leave them by the door to be taken out one bag at a time, gathered in my
backseat as both destinations are very local.
One bag at a time is very manageable although small; better than “Efficiency
Paralysis.”
Speaking of one bag at a time,
keeping a paper grocery bag in my room to collect seldom-used clothes is very
manageable and then out to wait by the door to go to the car. Don’t forget to label the bags clearly to
prevent hesitation based on uncertainty.
A good start (restart). Thank
You, Father.
Comments
Post a Comment