Disciple: According to Dallas Willard,
Discipleship is the process of becoming who Jesus would be if he were you.
This works hand in hand with Christ in us and us in Christ. As I go through the day, I try to choose ahead of time to do things Jesus would do, not just make good at-the-moment decisions. This includes my thoughts. When they’re out of line I can turn back and if I don't then I'm getting into the area of sin and confession. This is such a relief. Confession is necessary to stay in fellowship with God.
Christian: Christ one. One with Christ. Me in Christ. Christ in
me.
Dallas Willard says 90% of the time, God speaks to him while he's reading his Bible.
Does God ride along with us or is He the bus?
God doesn't want to rule us; He does, however, give us a round of choices. This is both a gift and a responsibility. I believe Proverbs is one of the features of the Bible that unites New- and Old-Testament Believers. Believers will someday discuss their choices with Jesus.
Remember there aren't any groups or denominations in the Lamb's Book of Life. Like our parents taught us, we are all individually responsible for our decisions. Jesus isn't impressed with our Christian friends, no name dropping. We will stand alone.
Christians are always on God's team but it is easy to still be tempted by the world.
When others are rude. and there will always be some of those, say to yourself "Oh, no!" and then pray and wait to see what there is to learn from the person and the situation.
For the lady who helped me with my tray: My stubbornness said,
"Get out of my way," but her sweet smile was so disarming. Does
the good feeling this situation produced in both of us balance out the bad
feeling I we would have had afterward? Should I be watching for a
second level of reward/discouragement balance?
I see diners coming from the dining room in happy groups. Is it time for me to try again? Show me, Father.
Show me, Father? This about my couch, too? A couch is necessary for inviting guests. Please help with its availability and timing, Father, and make it clear to me. I’ve never had a couch that made me smile, before. And, thank You for the funds, too.
Thank You for loving me, Father, like no one else has before. It is your choice to love me and my choice whether to respond. You can make up for things my parents weren’t able/equipped to teach me.
And, thank you for showing me that my treating my boys like fathers and husbands right from the start interfered with my cuddling them when they were little. It doesn’t mean I didn’t love them. You did a great job with them! Thank You.
Comments
Post a Comment