We know where he went." Wink, wink
For those Believers who, like me, have autism, a few words to help you get going.
Valued goal necessary for positive motivation. What do I want to achieve? Excited about achievement, terrified of failure.
Yesterday, while playing cards, I was really tired and spent most of my time listening. It felt so good/mature sitting quietly.
As I sit quietly in a crowded room, I find myself focusing on others' weak points. How much nicer it would be to focus on their strong points.
As I sit and grumble to myself about Jen, I realize that's time I could be spending wth the Lord.
I attended a funeral yesterday and the whole time was spent praising the corpse. How great he had been, all the things he had achieved, what a help he had been to those in need. Not once was God mentioned. Why were we in a church? God wasn't praised once, not even mentioned. If the pastor said, God. hear uor prayers, the congregation replied, Hear our prayers. What a difference if the person's life and relationship with the Lord had been glorified. If God, Himself, had been praised. At one point the priest said, "And we know where he went," with a wink and a nod.
On TED talks last night I listened to
TERRY SAVELLE FOY. The jist of her talk: You can’t have a million-dollar dream with minimum-wage habits. | The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. 5 rules. One pray and meditate, keeping a journal as you do. Two . Successful people read. Keep educating yourself. Wish/speak of the positive side of a situation. “Job>salary while working hard on yourself can make a fortune.” POOR = passing over opportunities repeatedly. I should have been asking for raises after every accomplishment. Three. Listen to messages every day. God’s word changes you from the inside out. Wonder (dream). Don’t share your big dreams with small-minded people. Big people elevate you. Small people drag you down. KEEP THE RIGHT COMPANY. Decide who improves you and who drags you down. Four. Write and review your dreams and goals. Prov 29:18. No vision > people perish. “As long as your vision is impaired you are not going anywhere.” See your dreams (with the eye of faith.) What you keep before your eyes will show up in your life. Write the vision, make a plan. Writing your goals increases your chances of success by 42%. “I declare by faith”. FIVE. Exercise. Do SOMETHING. 20 minutes X 30 days = 10 hours! God says “Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Positive words from your mouth. Isaiah 55:11: “”So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it””. (“Eat whatever I want and maintain my perfect weight.”) Hurting or helping? After every phrase ask: “AND THATS JUST THE WAY I WANT IT.” (Careful what comes out of your mouth/fills your thoughts.)
In the New Testament, just like the parables, Jesus was specifically vague, wanting people to watch, decide, choose for themselves. Don’t listen for instructions, watch for circumstances, clues, evidence of Jesus’ life. It was a picture of how we will interact with the Father, subtly. Don’t bluster through life, just doing. Listening to the Father is our first priority. Father’s relationship first. Loving the neighbor as thyself second, Loving God is our first commandment. Thomas and Philip weren’t listening. Mary, Martha’s sister, was. She knew AND CHOSE the “important thing”.
Look at contentment/happiness as an account. Chores and to do items are opportunities for positive deposits. The “doing” counts as well as the finished product. Make bed, do dishes, pay bills, etc. We have control over these. Deposit more of these than the negative things. A much better investment of our time and efforts than trying to control others. Are controllers trying to compensate for their lack of control over themselves?
Peoles' feelings are the most important thing. Maybe that’s the purpose of all relationships. Not the transactions of life.
We must learn to accept and live with things and people as they actually are. These are things we can’t change. Disappointment./!/? Control/change things in our own lives to improve our happiness in order to overpower the disappointment of others whom we can’t control/change.
Witnessing and Salvation. For years I have wondered if having a relationship with God is a necessary part of becoming a Christian--being “Saved”. If we don’t include “a relationship with Christ” as part of our witnessing, is the other person truly saved? After all, that's what God created us for, a relationship with Him.
Comments
Post a Comment