I don't Understand

I still don’t understand.  It’s not yet noon and God has given me something to chew on.  When COVID stated, I wished the very large church I attended would have services in the parking lot-summer was on it’s way.  For whatever reason, they didn't and the method they chose was beyond my computer skills and I was never able to get their services on my home computer.

Much to my surprise I did find a church that had parking lot services.  A stage was put up and people could sit in their cars and listen on their radios or bring lawn chairs and sit on the grass or under the shade of the beautiful old trees.  It was a Lutheran church which I knew nothing about; I was brought up in a Baptist church and attended a non-denominational church as an adult.  That’s where I got saved.  

Today, my senior residence has a chapel and they present what they call non-denominational services on Sundays.  That means it’s a mixture of Catholic and Lutheran.  Both of these churches offer communion every Sunday and begin by saying “This is God’s table and all are welcome.” I didn’t give it much thought and participated each week.  

Present day, while studying another topic, the thought came to me that Communion is a representation of the Last Supper and I became more and more uneasy about participating here each Sunday.  When Christ set the stage for the Last Supper. He sent two disciples ahead to prepare.  They were giving very specific instructions, ending up in a room that wouldn’t be stumbled upon by passers by.  The only people who knew what was happening that day, in that room, were the 12 disciples and Christ.  He didn't send someone down to the courtyard and say, “We’re having a feast and everyone is welcome,” both Jesus' admirers and those who would like to see Him dead.  Why was everyone being invited now?  Today, Pastor Ruth’s message reminded me that “those who would like to see Him dead” were at that supper, included in the form of Judas.  Jesus knew and yet invited him. Did Judas represent the unsaved who are invited today.  Maybe I do understand.  Do you agree?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation Statement

10-27-25