Who do you work for?

 

It’s still morning again and as I message my doctors at the University, I’m reminded of a basic principle I lived by during my working years there.  God was always my boss.  I worked at the University for 35 years as a secretary and accountant.  From the U’s internal temporary service to permanent, full-time positions.  From temp worker to a position where I replaced a major database within the University's medical research community,  God was always my boss.  I seldom talked about work after 4:30 p.m. but God was always my boss.   My paychecks were signed by University personnel, on their official checks, but God was always my boss.  I always worked in Director’s offices but God was my real boss.  I loved every different assignment I had but God was always my boss.  Someone aleays interviewed, hired and supervised me but God was always my real boss As I made daily work decisions and paced myself, God was my boss.   The University was the vehicle God used to provide for us but/because in the background, at the base, God was always my real boss.  Even today, whether we're aware or it slips from our consciousness, to His children, God is our boss.  It's best if there's only one driver.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation Statement

10-27-25