From Earlier
“Under God’s Wing” is a place I go to, too often,
rather than a place where I find myself. Does this change when we age as
Christians? It seems to be a feeling. Contentment, safety. I truly do look out
at the world from a position of security when I'm in fellowship. I've had so
little human closeness in my life that gratitude is an important part of my
relationship with God. Is it similar to the closeness that married couples
feel? Love/security. Actually, love says and covers a
lot. It's an actual feeling, a state of being. I can almost feel his wing
against my arm. Safe is a strong component. I've been making myself too
available to the world in hopes of finding that feeling of security there when
it’s been mine all along, waiting to be claimed. Thank You, Father. This is
much better than anything the world has to offer. This is a milestone.
Labeling it as my default seems to explain it and give my picture-oriented
brain a reference point. (For those of us who are autistic.) It feels like I'm holding on to God with one
arm and reaching out and interacting with the world with the other. So cool, so
descriptive! Once again, Thank You, Father.
_________________________________________________________________
Stop being a secretary, be
a disciple. !!!!!!
What does THAT mean?
One of Zig Zigglar's close
friends was a sports coach who visited often with the students of the school
where he headed a team. Hopefully I will remember his name and school before I
finish here.
An observation he made was
there were two distinct groups of student workers he interacted with. Some just
did the work they were assigned-did it well, and some took on initiative and
drive and took over responsibility for their jobs from their bosses. Make sense?
I wasted most of my adult life
being a (very good) secretary. I had God’s
full backing and could have done so much more.
While I always used the term secretary to define my work, I did much of
the work of the next category, hiding behind a safe title. I passed up jobs I
was afraid to step into, although God had offered them to me. I didn’t recognize that if I had stepped
forward, keeping God’s support close to my side, He would have supported me all
the way. I actually turned down jobs I
was offered because I was afraid of failing.
A child of God. Now I am so
fortunate He has given me this assignment which I adore, there a few things I enjoy
more than writing. It gives me a feeling
of completion and contentment. Such a
first-thing-in-the-morning fulfillment.
Today, even before I read my daily devotional. Not to mention that fulfilling God’s assignment
for me bolsters the rest of my day. A
good place to be. I truly believe that God
is using this world to prepare us for what He would like to assign us to in the
next life. How horrible to fall short of
Good and Faithful servant because we are too lazy.
Comments
Post a Comment