New Resolution

 I'm going to put things down as they come to me and let God handle context and format.  Things will be jumpy.  


I'm going to read the book of Malachi today and see if God gives any clue to his approaching silence.  I wonder if things got as confused then, without God's daily guidance, as they are today!  How will we survive today's chaos?  


From my own current experience with rebelliousness, it feels so good to release true feelings, it's probably added fuel for us thousands of “nice” Minnesotans.   “Us” because I don’t think it's possible to watch and not get stirred.  


Don't isolate yourself.  Keep an eye on reality.  Do choose an alternate Holy Spirit (idol) to focus on.  Not a child, not a possession, not a spouse.  I wonder who my false Holy Spirit is or would be.  


At one time I  was so entrenched with an idol it took cancer to wipe it out.  For a while it felt like temporary dementia and all the little habit grooves were filled in.  Sometimes I would forget individual words.  I would stop doing whatever and concentrate until I recovered the lost word. 


So many things bottled up-no wonder I haven't been able to sleep.  


Thank You, Father for this safe place to live.  Help me to withstand the false godliness.  Help me with my health and life skills.  


Worrying about the mechanics of my new hospital bed isn't going to make it last any longer, it's just going to steal the joy from today (tonight!)  It's may be the single most important health decision I've ever made.   


Maybe we expect to relate to God like we do to our friends.  Some of that is nice but maybe most importantly God wants to prepare and refine us.  To help each other here, yes, but also to prepare us for what He has in mind eternally.  How exciting.  


Don't waste time and valuable brain cells on daily comforts.  How piddly.  See today within the context of eternity.  Let others treat you unjustly.  What a shadow object to focus on.  Concentrate n eternity and today's woes will shrivel and die from lack of attention!    TYF   AMEN




Are the things that we imagine really secret wishes?  Wicked imaginations? Over-prepare against them so that we will have an emotional surplus to deal with the stressful situation when it happens.  Wicked imaginations are a clue to ourselves about areas we need to allow God to work on.  Weaknesses for the Holy Spirit's pleasure, an area for His healing attention. 


“See/imagine” our earthly shell while enjoying our position under His wing. 


Oh for the courage to follow through.  


I've been going through an interesting, releasing  time of rebellion. Just now it occurs to me we might get the same release by contemplating the possibility of actually rebelliousness. I've been honest about the unloving (ungodly) way I feel about others.  Recognize honestly, respond Godly.  The bridge-the Holy Spirit.  He wants to teach and take us on our daily journey.  


Unease and sleeplessness are God's blackboard. Writing to us about our needs if only we will focus on Him.  


When Tony was our leader, someone asked him how long we should read our Bible? And he thoughtfully suggested that we read until we encounter something that is a lesson for us. He hesitated as a senate as though he was thinking, this sounds like an impossibility, yet it rings true.  


Former President Barack Obama is a tremendous example of patiently living in today's reality and, at the same time, quietly, privately  preparing yourself for the future.  


Because of my lack of obedience God has cut way back on his reminders to me about writing in my blog.  Consequently, not coincidentally, my day-to-day peace seems so distant.  


But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.      Acts 26:16         Just for me.  


Biblical principles (promises in disguise) have individual applications. If we feel there is an unfulfilled promise perhaps we just have not found our individual context.  Keep reading. Keep praying. Dallas Willard said 90 percent of the time God spoke to him as he read and studied.  The same for me.  


As a believer, I am free from the influence of the ungodly.  (If I choose to exercise that.)   Once again, the choice principle, the second-most-basic principle in Christianity.  As well as being a right, there's the responsibility side of choices.  


When I fall into these personality clashes am I falling into one of Satan's traps? Probably.  Can God turn that around?  Absolutely.  Can this be a beneficial lesson?  Romans 8:28.  Active forgiveness.  Not to be avoided, but to be. It's like lifting myself out of a rut.  I can allow myself to be fine.  Switching gears? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation Statement

10-27-25