Statements
I had quite a day on Thursday. I started at the library in the morning to
finish up printing info I needed for housing recertification. It’s June, again. Already. Wow.
At 12:15 The Metro Mobility bus pulled up, right on time, taking me to three hours at the dentist in preparation for my surgery in July. I was not the only passenger today as there is already a young man in a motorized wheel chair. Introductions, paper work out of the way, and we were off. It was apparent the driver and the other passenger were old friends and I got to sit and enjoy the conversation. As we approached Planned Parenthood, there was a huge billboard claiming access to abortion as a “Minnesota Value.” Pretty soon we’ll be bombarded with this talk non-stop, 2028 being an election year. The young man said he volunteered at Planned Parenthood. From his speech and body motions I had assumed that he had a development problem, so my ears perked up. The subject of the kidding changed and I sat quietly wondering about this young man who talked about being spoiled, and being accustomed to the best of the current topic. When we got to his destination, he was being dropped a couple blocks from Planned Parenthood. While the driver prepared to drop the young man off, I asked the young man about volunteering. It came out that he does counseling at Planned Parenthood and has a psychology background. He quoted a verse and I learned he’s a believer. It sounds like he works with young women having trouble making that final decision. How interesting. I would have loved to talk but he was off the bus and on his way. Before he left, I offered him a couple copies of my Salvation Statement. I was pleased when he said yes ad that he would see what they have to say. He recommended the site Bible Gateway, so it sounds like he has some solid background. As I was being dropped off, I asked the driver if he would like a copy and got another yes. Twice that day! Wait, make that three, I was able to give my dental student a copy, too. And fourth, a man waiting near me for a ride.
I made it a point to have copies with me today. It's not uncommon for drivers to be believers and I have wished in the past that I had copies with me.
Thank You, Father.
P.S. A young woman on a corner near Target, holding a sign asked me to pray for the organization she works with that helps young women involved in trafficking. Please add a prayer, too.
Comments
Post a Comment